Digital One Technology is looking for a self-starter with technical skills
to be trained and employed as an IT Field Service Technician (Level 1)
in order to deliver the desired customer service experience.
Field Technicians travel and cover the central Virginia area performing networking installations,
basic telephone troubleshooting, and many other IT-related Services.
The goal is to drive service success that improves
customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention,
and increases quality customer interaction for our clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Hardware/Software diagnostic and repair service for PC, Mac, and various office IT equipment.
- Upgrade and swap IT Hardware components.
- Install and configure IT Networking hardware.
- Communicate with dispatch, company, managers, and other appropriate personnel regarding all issues on job sites in a professional manner.
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks as required on a customer-by-customer basis.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Follow all of the company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Report document on-site.
- Any other needs and responsibilities that may arise in connection with the workflow and nature of the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent time-management skills.
- Punctuality and professionalism are required.
- Great organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have proficient knowledge of computer hardware/software;
network administration and installation/computer troubleshooting;
computer virus remediation and security; e-mail services and internet programs.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot hardware, software, and networks.
- Possess computer skills including the ability to operate in spreadsheets, word-processing, graphics, and website development programs at highly proficient levels.
- Capability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Preferred (not required) Proficiencies/Certifications:
- A+ Certification preferred but not required.
- Experience with network protocols, especially DNS / TCP/ IP is a plus but not required.
- Basic electrical experience.
- Network cabling experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is available after a probationary period.
- 1 week Paid Vacation is available after 1 year.
- Health, Vision, Dental & Life Insurance options.
- Certification/Training for:*
- Amazon Web Service (AWS)
*Reimbursement for fees/charges incurred with testing for certification/training.
Advanced certifications are not required but are a plus!
Pay depends on experience.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: TBD on Skills
All interested parties,
please email a copy of your resume to HR@DigitalOneTechnology.com
with “IT Field Service Technician (Level 1)” in the email subject line.